What is Online Therapy?
Online therapy is also known as online counseling, Telehealth, or Telemental health.
Benefits of Online Therapy
Most insurance covers online mental health services, and if not, don’t worry. We have very affordable rates for anyone paying out of pocket.
We are continuously advocating for the care of our clients by encouraging insurance providers to expand coverage for online therapy sessions to those who are not already covered.
Online therapy is a reliable solution for unreliable or dangerous situations. Unreliable transportation, icy roads, babysitter canceled, child is home sick from school, out of town?
Online therapy also a solution for those with limited mobility, recent medical procedures, or in rural areas with limited access to mental health care.
We are a trusted brand, CARF accredited, and have been around for nearly 20 years serving thousands across Michigan by our licensed therapist and medical team with years of experience.
Why not get started with a brand that’s reputable, experienced, and already trusted by thousands of individuals, couples, and families.
Renewal is advocating for the convenience, health, and safety of our clients by encouraging insurance providers to expand coverage for online therapy sessions to those who are not already covered.
As of March 15, 2020, given the impact of COVID-19, we have worked vigorously to expanded our services to include online therapy (Telehealth) because we understand the importance of your continued access to care. With that said, please be patient with us as we work to make another great service here at Renewal Christian Counseling Center.
Unfortunately, this service is currently only available to clients that live near our local offices in response to COVID-19. We do have plans to expand this service to everyone living across the state of Michigan!
Info For Current Clients
Before we can begin online therapy, we need you to review and sign our Telehealth Consent form for you and your kid(s). This form explains the services that we are offering as well as the risks and benefits associated with treatment. We want you to understand the process through which care is going to be delivered as well as the limitations of the treatment provided via Telehealth.
Telehealth Informed Consent for Treatment
Online Therapy, also known as Telehealth, involves the use of electronic communications to enable mental health professionals to connect with individuals using interactive video and audio communications.
Telehealth includes the delivery of psychotherapy, including diagnosis, consultation, treatment, and referral to resources, education, and the transfer of medical and clinical data.
I understand that I have the following rights with respect to Telehealth:
- Confidentiality: I have the right to keep my personal health information (PHI) private in Telehealth just as I do in face-to-face therapy.
- Rights: I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of Telehealth in the course of my care at any time without affecting my right to future care or treatment, and that my therapist has the right to accept or deny Telehealth as a valid venue for therapy in the best interest of my care.
- Risks: I understand that there are risks and consequences from Telehealth including, but not limited to, the possibility of technical issues that are beyond our control, and that the transmission of my personal information could be disrupted or distorted by technical failures.
- Benefits: I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits such as improved access to care and more efficient evaluation and management from the use of Telehealth in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- Consequences: I understand that if I late cancel within 24-hours, do not answer the phone call of my therapist, or if I am not present at the video conference at the time of the appointment, that I will be assessed a “No Show” which a $45 fee may be the result of my absence per our Financial Responsibility. I understand that it is my responsibility to provide the correct email and telephone number to set up any video conferencing software on my personal technology.
- Liabilities: I understand the alternatives to therapy through Telehealth as they have been explained to me, and in choosing to participate in Telehealth, I am agreeing to participate using video conferencing technology and/or telephone therapy. I understand that Renewal Center has contracted with HIPAA compliant technology services for Telehealth, but that there is still a minimal, inherent risk that the security of this technology may be compromised by hackers or other forms of outside influence. If it is found out that there has been a security breach, Renewal clients would be notified immediately.
By signing this document, I agree that certain situations, including emergencies and crises are inappropriate for audio/video computer based psychotherapy services. If I am in crisis or in an emergency, I should immediately call 911 or seek help from a hospital or crisis facility in my area.
Payment for Telehealth Services
Renewal Christian Counseling Center will bill your health insurance provider for Telehealth services when these services have been determined to be covered by an individual’s insurance plan. If your insurance is not accepted, the individual agrees to pay out-of-pocket.
Telehealth Patient Consent
NOTE: Please read the section above before submitting your consent for Telehealth treatment.