As we continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we wanted to share the actions we are taking at Renewal Christian Counseling Center to maintain a safe and clean environment for you, our employees, and the communities we serve to reduce the spread of the virus.
The Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and state and local health department declare that the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. We kindly request that if you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick, please avoid visiting our offices at this time.
Given the impact of COVID-19, we are adapting our cancellation policy to the evolving nature of this epidemic. Today, we are updating our policy to provide our clients with the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times. We will waive all virus related cancellations, less than 24-hour notices, without a charge until further notice. That being said, we have exciting news!
We’re now offering online therapy (Telehealth)
We understand the importance of continued access to care. We have recently expanded our services to include online therapy (Telehealth), and we are encouraging all Renewal counselors, therapists, and medical providers to make this option available to their clients at this time. Renewal is also advocating for the health and safety of our clients by encouraging insurance providers to expand coverage for online therapy sessions to those who are not already covered. We have a large list of insurances that will cover your online counseling. All current clients with upcoming appointments will be receiving a text with the option to change their in-person session into a Telehealth session. For additional info, contact your local office or email us at email@example.com.
We’re open and it’s business as usual at Renewal and we recommend that you continue with your sessions as scheduled and continue your journey of healing without missing a step during this challenging time. We are proud to be able to offer the option of Telehealth if that is more comfortable for you. We also recommend the following extra precautions for all of us:
Simple everyday actions you can take to help prevent the spread of flu, the common cold, and other viruses include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs.
In addition to our strong cleaning and safety practices, we are taking these extra precautions:
- Increasing the frequency of daily cleaning and disinfectant procedures, as well as increasing the frequency of our already strict employee hand-washing policy.
- Removing shared community items such as coffee and water in our offices.
- In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their healthcare providers.
Our hearts and prayers go out to those affected. You and your family’s health are of the utmost importance to us. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this difficult situation, and for being a loyal client. We look forward to seeing you in person or online.